Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Hell with Mad Anyway


So my boss, the great and legendary Steve Tatham, and I collaborated on a piece about political theme parks to submit to MAD magazine and I sketched it up- the writing is 99% Steve's. I just suggested political theme parks and he ran with the idea. MAD however ran from the idea... fuck 'em. Can I say that? I guess I did. Serves them right for failing- they have slipped from monthly publication to something less often... They did consider the idea and dragged it out for months before just saying no. But enough bitterness- here is what nobody got to see so that somebody gets to see it. (Obviously this is just a sketch for the submission- had it been accepted I would have done the art from scratch and made it finishder and betterer.

No comments: